I spent time on my yoga mat this morning. Stretching my muscles, my breathing, my mind. I lost all thought and flowed, I flowed with the movements, the breath, the up and down. Letting everything go, breathing in light and energy, breathing out negativity. The breeze flowed around me in my lounge room, my hardwood floors were, where I planted my feet and followed the instruction to ground down through the earth. I bowed down and worshipped the sun, in the power sun salutation flow. I surrendered to the uncomfortable stressed feeling in my mind and body and worked through them as I :
1. Breathe in, Breathe out bring hands to prayer at heart space
2. Breathe in, bring hands above head, lift through chest
3. Breathe out, bend forward, bending knees, bring hands beside feet
4. Breathe in, take right foot back into lunge.
5. Breathe out, take left foot back into downward dog
6. No breath, into 8 point pose – toes, knees, hands, chest, chin to floor
7. Breathe in, into cobra – lifting through chest
8. Breathe out, into downward dog
9. Breathe in, right leg through to hands into lunge.
10. Breathe out, left leg through to meet right into forward bend
11. Breathe in, coming up, sweep hands above head, lift through chest
12. Breathe out, hands to prayer at heart space.
I sweated and I repeated the sequence, my muscles quivered, my breathing laboured, it was hard work. In the final savasana, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the buzzing in my body and my energy. The rest of the morning, I was loose limbed, and relaxed, positive and motivated.